1up’s integration with Microsoft Teams provides real-time, AI-powered answers to your team’s questions about the companies you track, including your own. This automated “question and answer” (Q&A) experience can save you time by delivering knowledge and insights from your 1up Knowledge Base to your GTM teams in Microsoft Teams.
What You’ll Need
- A Microsoft Teams chat where you want to use 1up. For example, a Sales Enablement or Competition channel.
- Admin privileges in Teams. You may need your Help Desk or IT Admin to approve the 1up integration for Teams.
How the 1up Integration for Microsoft Teams Works
1up’s integration with Teams automatically answers questions by referencing the information stored in your 1up Knowledge Base. This includes information 1up gathers from the Internet as well as documents you upload/connect to 1up. When @Ask1up is entered into a chat that has been integrated with 1up, and is followed by a question or request, 1up will return the most relevant AI-generated response.
If no good answer is available, 1up will save the unanswered question to the Knowledge Base tab of the relevant company’s dashboard in the 1up web app. If you provide an answer to that question in the web app, 1up will reference it when similar questions are asked in the future from anywhere, including Teams.
Here’s what it looks like:
Note: 1up leverages Large Language Models (LLMs) to generate responses. While 1up strives to be as accurate as possible in its responses, it may occasionally generate partially inaccurate or incomplete responses depending on the structure of the questions asked and/or the data available in your 1up Knowledge Base.
Enabling the Microsoft Teams Integration
- Log in to the 1up web app. You have to be logged in to proceed with the installation.
- Head over to the Knowledge Base tab in your 1up dashboard.
- Click the Add to Teams button – this will redirect you to the 1up app on the Teams app store.
- Next, click Add to begin installing the integration.
- Now, click the Add to a team button.
- In the screen that follows, choose the team and channel you want to add the integration to, then click the Set up a bot button.
- You will be returned to the main Teams screen. Here, navigate to the team and channel you selected in the previous step. A prompt will be displayed in the chat. Click the Open 1up and Complete Integration button.
- When 1up opens on your web browser, you’re all set! You can now return to Microsoft Teams and ask a question. Just remember to start it with @Ask1up.
How to Use
Using the 1up integration for Teams is simple.
- If you haven’t already, follow the steps in the Enabling the Microsoft Teams Integration section above.
- Navigate to a chat that has the integration enabled in Microsoft Teams.
- Begin typing a message in the compose box, starting with @Ask1up followed by a space. Continue typing a question or statement – ex. What do users like about Hooli’s product? Then hit Enter.
In a few seconds, 1up will return a response to your prompt. That’s it!
Reporting Content Issues
1up’s content is intended for general workplace consumption. However, as 1up sources some of its content from external websites, such content may occasionally be inappropriate in nature. Please report inappropriate content by emailing email@example.com.
Security & Compliance FAQ
What does 1up have access to?
When you use 1up in Teams, only messages that explicitly mention @Ask1up will be readable by 1up. Questions asked of 1up in this manner will be answered using only the data and insights 1up has assembled in the knowledge base for your specific instance of 1up.
1up ensures the knowledge you assemble and store within it is safe and accessible only to your organization.
1up will never answer your questions using data from its other customers, and it will never use your data to answer their questions.
Does 1up share information with an AI model?
1up will never monitor your Microsoft Teams conversations to train any AI model.
Questions directed specifically at 1up in Teams as described above and the answers that 1up generates for them will be logged in your instance of 1up to improve future answers for your organization only.
Similarly, questions that were directed to 1up in Teams which 1up was unable to answer are saved to your 1up dashboards and will be accessible only within your instance of 1up. Answers you may provide to those questions will also be logged in your instance of 1up to improve future answers for your organization only.
Does 1up store my information?
1up never shares any of the knowledge you retain within it with anyone outside your organization.
1up customers retain full control of their uploaded data, and may modify or delete it at any time.
How is information handled?
- All data at rest is encrypted using AES-256
- Data is stored and backed up across multiple AWS Availability Zones
- Data backups are retained for 30 days
- 1up has an established disaster recovery site in a separate AWS region to ensure availability
How is data archived and removed?
Upon termination of contract, customers are able to request deletion of their data as part of the account closure procedure. All customer data will then be deleted within 90 days, which includes a 30-day period to allow for rollback and an additional 60 days to delete the data from our databases and our sub-processors’ databases.
How much is the 1up Microsoft Teams Integration?
The integration is included with all pricing plans.